the salon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artist Interview: Lizzie Sykes: Ball Cam [video document]

Go down

Artist Interview: Lizzie Sykes: Ball Cam [video document] Empty Artist Interview: Lizzie Sykes: Ball Cam [video document]

Post  claudia Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:47 pm

Lizzie Sykes demonstrates just what her invention - the Ball Cam - can do. At a certain point during the interview, Lizzie captures me filming her on her own Ball Cam: snatching a cunning glimpse of the documentor herself.

ARTIST STATEMENT
At the core of my work is the moving image. Other dynamic forms I work with are dance, landscape and recently sound... combined with video. I love the concept of cameras. The physical, immediate, sometimes playful nature of the work means that now and then I need to create cameras, or bits of cameras, to achieve the response in myself and an audience that I’m looking for.

Ultimately, the films are all collaborations that evolve from a response to an initial idea. That starting point is the beginning of an organic process where I develop and devise an idea, one that often changes out of all recognition by working at it physically, on location.

claudia
Admin

http://www.futurepresent.org

Back to top Go down